Taking a hot or cold shower is truly a satisfying experience—especially when you’re sweaty or dirty from exercising or doing something outdoors. But, low water pressure is one of the factors that make a shower frustrating.
Low water pressure could be caused by several things: a leaking pipe, calcium buildup in pipes, or a faulty pressure regulator. It’s best to identify the cause and fix it.
If your current shower head is simply defective, you might want to consider buying the best shower head for low water pressure. Read this review to discover our top picks!
Table of Contents
Best Shower Head for Low Water Pressure
YOO.MEE High Pressure Handheld Shower Head with Powerful Shower Spray
The YOO.ME high-pressure hand-held shower head is a good solution to your low water pressure problem. It has an upgraded 2XP turbocharging technology that conserves water and provides a powerful spray even with low water pressure. Around 2.5 gallons (federally mandated maximum flow rate) flow out of this shower head each minute.
- Powerful Spray
- Powerful + Massage
This has rubber jet nozzles that prevent mineral deposits. The shower head body and adjustable bracket are made from sturdy and heat-resistant ABS engineering grade plastic. Meanwhile the hose and connection fittings are made from corrosion-resistant stainless steel and solid brass, respectively.
- Stainless steel hose (braided): 79 inches
- Shower head: 3.35 inches (85 millimeters) diameter spray face and 8.27 inches (210 millimeters) handle length
Includes: adjustable bracket, stainless steel hose, extra washer, water flow regulator, hand shower, extra hose gasket, special coupon card, manual sheet, and customer service card
- Strong shower spray despite poor water pressure
- Cuts your shower time by around ¼
- Provides a relaxing shower experience
- Water pressure could be too strong if you have sensitive skin
- Made of plastic that looks flimsy
- Rusting problem with the shower head and hose
High Pressure High Flow Fixed Chrome 3 Inch Showerhead
Next on the list is the compact shower head from SomovWorld. The chrome plating gives a beautiful, mirror-like finish that’s perfect for any modern bathroom and outdoor shower.
It has a 3-inch shower head with a wide spray range to provide the highest possible pressure. The water flow regulator (2.5 GPM) is removable, so you can experience the maximum water flow to cut down your shower time.
It’s relatively easy to shift the angle of the shower head to the direction you like. That’s thanks to its adjustable brass ball joint.
It has a G 1/2 connection thread that easily fits into most shower arms. The face and nozzles are made of silicone for a hassle-free maintenance and to prevent calcium deposits.
Includes: high-pressure shower head, Teflon tape, extra water filter, and installation manual
- Simple to install and take out the water regulator—thanks to the manual that comes with the product
- Ensures you properly rinse out soap and hair care products due to the increased shower pressure
- No mineral deposits clogging the nozzle or shower head face
- Releases too much water (without the water regulator), which wastes a lot of water and energy for heating
- Can’t adjust from heavy spray to fine spray
- Made of plastic, which puts its durability into question
Delta Faucet 2-Spray Shower Head
The Delta Faucet 2-Spray Shower Head has thrice more coverage for your body and delivers 2o to 30 percent less water than the ordinary shower head.
It has a maximum flow rate of 2.5 GPM at 80 psi (pound per square inch). If you need to conserve more water without sacrificing your comfort, it can also deliver 1.85 gallons of water per minute.
Thanks to its adjustable H2OKinetic spray, you can choose the water pressure that fits your needs—a high-pressure flow for an invigorating massage or a gentle, water-efficient flow for a relaxing rinse.
Cleaning it is easy. It features self-cleaning spray holes to prevent clogging due to lime and mineral deposits.
- Shower head dimensions: 4.63 inches (depth) x 4.06 inches (width)
- Flow rate: 9.5 liters/minute at 550 kPa (kilopascal)
- Fittings type: ½-inc IPS connection
Includes: shower head, hardware, and installation guide
- Great pressure and coverage, even if you live at the top of a hill
- Hot shower lasts longer on the low setting
- Less tedious and more fun to shower
- No settings for changing the stream
- The water flow settings are not that significant.
- Made of plastic, not metal
AquaDance 7″ Premium High Pressure 3-Way Rainfall Combo
The AquaDance 3328 Premium High Pressure 3-way Rainfall Shower can be used either as an overhead shower or a hand-held shower.
With its ‘Microban Anti Microbial Technology,’ you and your family can enjoy a cleaner shower every time. It works by preventing dangerous bacteria, mildew, and molds from growing inside.
It has a large 7-inch (diameter) face for greater coverage. You can swivel the overhead bracket to get the desired angle that you want.
Plus, it has 6 settings to give you more control on the water flow and pressure:
- Power Mist
- Pulsating Massage
- Power Rain
- Rain Mist
- Rain Massage
- Water Saving Pause Mode
- Provides just enough pressure to give you the feeling of being really clean after soaping up
- Easy to switch between the different settings
- Has a mode that stops the shower heads to give you time to soap up
- The shower head keeps falling off due to an ill-fitting holder.
- The shower hose is 4.5 to 5 feet (54 to 60 inches) long, which might not be OK for shorter individuals.
- The hose leaks after months of use.
This is not an exhaustive list, but it shows you the best shower heads for low water pressure available on the market today. Each has its unique features, as well as limitations and flaws.
Be sure to know what you’re buying. It might help to keep these things in mind when shopping for a new low-pressure shower head:
- Your budget
- Design of the shower head
- Spray settings
- Build quality
- Self-cleaning features
- Approximate amount of water it can conserve
- How it controls the flow rate and pressure