Removing mold, mildew, and stains from shower doors and walls can be a pain. You can keep on scrubbing every week, or if you want to cut down your work, use the best shower squeegees.
Now, not all squeegees are worth your money. That’s why we went ahead and compiled four of the best squeegees for you:
- Squeegee for Shower, Window and Car Glass
- Zack 40000 Puro Bathroom Squeegee
- cleret iDO Shower Squeegee with DUAL Wiping Edge Cleaning Blade
- OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Squeegee
To get more details about their features and benefits, keep reading.
Best Shower Squeegee
Squeegee for Shower, Window and Car Glass
With its all-black finish, the desired tools™ Squeegee for Shower, Window and Car Glass might strike you as boring. But, it’s fully functional. You can use it for removing water, dirt, and cleaning product from your shower doors and windows, car doors and windshields, house windows, and tiles.
The squeegee is 10 inches tall (from the tip of the handle to the blade) and 7.7 inches long. The handle has a hanging hook at the tip and is covered by a soft foam, which supposedly absorbs less moisture and is easy to dry between use (depending on the humidity).
The package includes a black squeegee and two replacement silicone blades (8 inches).
Note: This product is made in China specially for desired tools™ (USA and Europe).
- Adding two replacement silicone blades is a nice touch.
- The silicone blade doesn’t leave water marks or scratches the surface.
- The ergonomic handle is comfortable and easy to hold.
- Since the handle is wrapped in foam, it could stay wet for too long.
- The suction hook doesn’t stay firmly in place.
- After some time, it starts to leave streaks, even when light or heavy pressure was used.
Zack 40000 Puro Bathroom Squeegee
With its sleek and clean features, the Zack 40000 Puro Bathroom Squeegee perfectly blends with elegant, contemporary bathrooms. It’s made of 18/10 brushless stainless steel, which is highly resistant to rust and provides the longest held polish.
This has a clip style channel. This simply means it uses end clips to keep the rubber blade in place and provide a better tension, so it stays flat across the glass.
The Zack 40000 Puro Bathroom Squeegee is 9.84 inches (25 centimeters) long and 3.15 inches (8 centimeters) wide, while the blade is around 9 ¾ inches wide.
When you’re not using it, you can place it on its self-adhesive or screw-on, stainless steel wall hook.
Note: This squeegee doesn’t come with replacement blades.
- Cleans glass fast and effectively, without leaving visible marks.
- The adhesive on the holder firmly sticks to any surface.
- It’s pleasing to the eyes, compact, and well-designed.
- It’s expensive (but its quality makes up for it).
- It takes a little time to get used to how to hold it. (Hold it underhand and pull it down.)
- It doesn’t have a suction cup (if that’s what you prefer).
cleret iDO Shower Squeegee with DUAL Wiping Edge Cleaning Blade
The Clerét iDO Shower Squeegee with DUAL Wiping Edge Cleaning Blade looks simple yet stylish—something that minimalists would approve. Unlike the previous squeegees in this list, it has two wiping blades, each 12 inches long, for a more efficient cleaning. The handle is approximately 6 inches wide and 4.75 inches long.
The iDO weighs only 3.9 ounces, so it’s easy to use and puts less stress on your wrist. Since it’s not made from heavy steel, it won’t harm your foot in case you accidentally dropped it. Plus, you won’t have to worry about rusting or scratched surfaces.
This squeegee comes with a wall-mounted holder. It attaches to smooth surfaces through non-permanent adhesive./Note: This product is made in the U.S.A.
- It does a perfect job of wiping the dirt, water mineral deposits, and cleaning liquids off shower doors and windows.
- It’s great for delicate surfaces.
- To some extent, it helps improve mold and mildew problems.
- The end cap easily loosens, causing the squeegee to keep falling off.
- The area between the two blades collect water.
- The blades might tear after months (around seven) of use.
OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Squeegee
Finally, we have the OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Squeegee. It looks classy with its stainless-steel construction with a curved handle with hook.
It’s lightweight (4 ounces) and has a soft, non-slip, and contoured handle. These features lessen stress and strain on your hands and wrists. To make things easier for you, its wide, flexible blade covers a lot of curved or smooth area with just one long stroke.
It comes with a PVC-free suction cup that efficiently stores the OXO Squeegee after use. The hook of the handle rotates for easy access and storage.
- The rubber handle grip fits in the palm of the hand, without slipping when wet.
- The suction cup stays in place, whether you stick it to glass or tile.
- The black and stainless-steel construction makes it look attractive and prevents it from rusting.
- The blade could be wider, so it would only take a few strokes to clean an area.
- The edge of the handle is curved inwards, so it collects a small amount of water or soap solution.
- It may sometimes leave streaks because the middle of the blade doesn’t touch the glass.
Save yourself the fuss and use a squeegee instead. You have plenty of options. We only mentioned four of the best squeegees in this article. Feel free to shop around to get one that best fits your needs.
Consider these when buying squeegees:
- Mounting type: suction cup, hanging, and self-adhesive tape
- Blade size: Measure the area where you’re going to use it then add an allowance (around 0.25 inch).
- Handle and channel material: stainless steel and plastic
- Handle and blade design: Will it collect water?
- Is it noisy?