Everybody needs privacy in the bathroom. That’s why shower curtains have always been considered as household necessities. But, we can’t use one without a durable rod to hold it 24/7.
Sure, we’re just talking about a long metal pole to be installed horizontally, but it’s so much more than that.
The best shower curtain rod has to be super-durable against constant moisture. It should also have a smooth surface so it will be easier for you to move the curtain side to side. And, of course, it must be easy to install for people who aren’t really handy with tools.
4 Best Shower Curtain Rods for Your Bathroom Review
Considering durability and convenience, we highly recommend the following products:
BrioFox Tension Shower Curtain Rod
A shower curtain can’t serve its purpose if it won’t stay in position. Without something to secure the rod’s end, the curtain won’t be able to completely cover you in the shower.
To address that concern, BrioFox Tension Shower Curtain Rod has a bigger non-slip plate than the standard size. It also has the traditional spring tension despite its advanced features.
We must also highlight the material used for this excellent product. It is made of high-grade 304 stainless steel to resist corrosion for at least five years. It will even look good in your bathroom because of the mirror-like shine and smoothness of the surface. Don’t worry about water stains; the metal surface is easy to clean.
Since BrioFox Tension Shower Curtain Rod doesn’t require holes and screws for installation, you don’t have to use a drill at all. Even though that doesn’t sound too reassuring, we guarantee that it won’t fall down as long as you install it correctly.
As a plus, this shower curtain rod is portable. It is lightweight, but it can hold curtains weighing up to 20 pounds thanks to the extra thickness. You may remove it without any hassle so you can bring it with you if you have to relocate. It won’t even damage wooden, tiled, or wallpapered surfaces since it has a large plate.
- Big non-slip plate and spring tension for long-term stability without screws
- Extra-thick structure for heavy shower curtains (up to 20 lbs.)
- 304 stainless steel for corrosion-resistance
- Shiny and smooth surface
- Easy to clean
- Removable and lightweight for portability
- Can be safely installed on different kinds of surfaces
- Uneven finish
- Not purely stainless steel
- Weak rubber components
Zenna Home NeverRust Tension Mount Curved Shower Rod
Even if it’s not made of stainless steel, Zenna Home NeverRust Tension Mount Curved Shower Rod is still resistant to rust. Its aluminum bar is lightweight but strong enough to hold shower curtains for several years.
However, the best part that sets this shower curtain rod apart from other options is the curved style. The unique design aims to give you more space in the shower.
Despite that feature, you still don’t need screws to install this product. Just like the first product, this one relies on tension.
- Corrosion-resistant aluminum
- Lighter than stainless steel
- Tension mount for easier installation and versatility
- Curved structure for additional space
- Can only stay up in less than a year
- Snags shower curtain rings
- Doesn’t stay in a horizontal position for a long time
- Low-quality plastic components
AmazonBasics Shower Curtain Tension Rod
This time, we’re going to pay more attention to versatility. AmazonBasics Shower Curtain Tension Rod can become shorter or longer by simply twisting it. The purpose of the easier adjustment is to help you install curtains not just in showers but in doorways and windows as well.
While most shower curtain rods have a metal finish, this one comes in unusual colors like black and white. That’s perfect if interior design is one of your priorities, especially if you’re going for a modern look in your home.
- Twist adjustment for quick installation in windows and doorways
- Tension mount for a tool-free installation
- Stylish design to complement different decors and interiors
- Flimsy rubber ends
- Weak tension
- Gets weaker in its maximum length
- Easily breaks when you twist the tension
- Can’t hold heavier types of curtains
Vailge Tension Shower Curtain Rod
Here’s another multipurpose option. Vailge Tension Shower Curtain Rod is also useful as an alternative room divider. It has an edgy black surface to look good in living rooms, kitchens, bedrooms, and – of course – bathrooms.
When it comes to installation, the tension is supported with a button design that will lock in place quickly. It also works with a spring mechanism to strengthen the grip. That will keep your walls safe from adhesives.
- Can be used as a room divider
- Black surface for a more versatile look
- Button and lock tension for hassle-free adjustment and stability
- Strong spring tension to protect the wall’s surface
- Too thick for some shower curtain rings
- Not smooth enough
- No support in the middle to make the rod straighter
- Tricky installation process
A lot of people don’t know how to use drills and install screws. That’s why it’s completely understandable for them to prefer tension shower curtain rods. On that note, the number one priority for this type of rod should always be stability.
BrioFox Tension Shower Curtain Rod has a really strong spring tension. Since it has a large plate as well, it won’t fall down easily. It will remain stable for years. If you need to transfer it somewhere, the removal won’t ruin your walls. No wonder it’s the best shower curtain rod.
There you have it for our list of shower curtain rods you should consider buying for your bathroom. Remember to measure your shower’s opening first before clicking the “Add to Cart” button. You don’t want to deal with a sagging rod in the future.